What we do
Acupuncture provides many benefits to aid in the treatment & healing of our furry friends
Dr. Hester Massop wanted to be a veterinarian from a very young age. Her great love for animals led her to studying veterinary medicine in Belgium. After graduating she worked in small animal, equine and mixed practice for the last 10 years.
Hester with her two rescue Guinea Pigs - Sid & Toffee
Finding that conventional (Western) medicine regularly didn’t provide all the solutions to the symptoms and problems of the animals treated, made the decision to study for her Certificate in Veterinary Acupuncture through IVAS an easy step to take. Following this certification, she started up Auckland Mobile Veterinary Acupuncture providing acupuncture for animals small and large either in the comfort of their own home or at Pet & Vet Milford. She feels that the combination of Western and Eastern medicine will bring the best outcome for the animal. Hester will always endeavour to find the best balance between both Western and Eastern medicine by working together with the animal’s regular vet.
Some common problems in small animals that can be treated with acupuncture are:
- Osteoarthritis, degenerative joint disease, intervertebral disc disease
- Acute and chronic muscular injuries (strains, sprains, tears)
- Postoperative pain and restriction of movement caused by swelling, scar tissue and muscle wastage
- Geriatric problems and palliative care
- Disorders of respiratory, urogenital and gastrointestinal tract, eyes, ears and skin
- Allergies and disorders of the immune system
- Behavioural problems (e.g. fear, separation anxiety, lick granuloma)
- Healing after trauma (e.g. car accident, attack by another animal)
For more information: http://www.AucklandMobileVeterinaryAcupuncture.com